< HOME  Friday, December 23, 2005

Siddhartha - the way beyond the world "deluded by money, number and time."

This is an online book called Siddhartha. It was written by Hermann Hesse (1877-1962) German poet and novelist, who has explored in his work the duality of spirit and nature and individual's spiritual search outside restrictions of the society.

Hesse was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1946. Several of Hesse's novels depict the protagonist's journey into the inner self. A spiritual guide assists the hero in his quest for self-knowledge and shows the way beyond the world "deluded by money, number and time."

Note: The link is good but did not work for me the first time I tried it. I thought maybe it was being blocked or perhaps the site exceeded bandwidth but worked fine the next day and ever since.

1 Comments:

At Saturday, December 24, 2005, Blogger qrswave said...

When you first posted this, I had forgotten that I read the book many years ago.

When I went to the link, I remembered that I read it before. Looks like it's time to give it another read!

Thanks, steve!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home