< HOME  Tuesday, January 03, 2006

JOURNALISTS join the ranks of the World's Oldest Profession

In 1953, in a speech before the New York Press Club, New York Times Editor, John Swinton, made clear the function of the press in today's society:
The business of the journalist is to destroy the truth, to lie outright, to pervert, to vilify, to fawn at the feet of mammon, and to sell the country for his daily bread.

You know it and I know it, and what folly is this toasting an independent press.

We are the tools and vassals of the rich men behind the scenes.


We are the jumping jacks, they pull the strings and we dance.

Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men.

We are intellectual prostitutes.
Source: jail4judges.org

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I appericate and enjoy your blog. - Todd Jordan

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2006, Blogger qrswave said...

Hey, Todd! Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by!

Your writing and your work at Future of the Union is both inspiring and invaluable and I remain dedicated to supporting your efforts in anyway I can.

Peace.

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2006, Blogger qrswave said...

Hey, Doc!

Nice quote!

Of course he was referring to mainstream media journalists, NOT bloggers like us!

I am a blogger, hear me ROAR!

(thanks, WRH)

:)

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I blog, therefore I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home