< HOME  Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Can You Keep A Secret? Bush Plans To Nuke Nevada

In a desperate bid to maintain global hegemony, Bush and his cronies plan to nuke Iran. But, not before they try it out on Nevada!

This is an excerpt from the transcript of last night's Lou Dobbs show where Randy Rhodes spilled the beans about the government's plans:
Mtume and Rhodes discussing whether Democrats laid down when challenged.

MTUME: But we laid down, Randi. We laid down.

RHODES: ... I did not come here to be partisan. I came here today, Lou -- I swear to you -- I came here today to ask you to do something. Seriously! My callers -- my listeners -- yours, too, I'm sure -- always get to this point and they go, well, then, James, what do you want us to do? What do we do? What do we do?

If every single camera that's available in the media -- cable- wide, network-wide -- is not in Nevada at the nuclear test site on June 2nd to watch 1.4 millions pounds of explosives be blown up so they can do the math and figure out how to make a tactical nuke, a smaller nuclear weapon that will represent that much firepower for Iran -- if we don't show America this mushroom cloud that will explode in Nevada on the 2nd of June, there is no hope for the American people, there is no hope for the media.

You asked me last time I was here, Who's fault is it? And I said, "It's our fault; it's the media's fault." We have to tell this story. This president is manifestly insane. Donald Rumsfeld is insane.
I can see it now.
Rumsfeld: Let's use tactical nukes on Iran!

Bush: But, Rummy, how do we know it'll work?

Rumsfeld: We try it out, Dummy.

Bush: Try it out? Where?

Rumsfeld: Somewhere quiet, deserted - away from the media's prying eyes - I know! Nevada!

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 19, 2006, Blogger Red Tulips said...

I actually felt bile rise up in my throat when I read this one.

Mad men are running the White House. I was just in Nevada last weekend, only 90 miles from where they plan on blowing up a nuke. The parents of one of my good friends live right there.

I don't know what to say. I am so numbed by this White House, there is nothing to say.

If it has gotten this far - that they are testing nukes in Nevada...I now am convinced they will nuke Iran unless they are stopped.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is awful. June 2nd...

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Blogger Bill said...

Well they use to test them there in the 60's and 70's, but what they are doing today..who knows. I for one am not surprised people are not taking to the streets.

But how can we take to the streets when we are so occupied with the stresses of everyday life...smoke and mirrors.

They thought by flying the plans into the towers would send us all currying for the bunkers, they were surprised at how resiliant americans are..but are they going to far this time?

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Except, as the quote points out, they aren't nuke-ing Nevada. It is a conventional weapon.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006, Blogger qrswave said...

anon, fair point. But, still. They shouldn't be unleashing so much destructive force in Nevada or anywhere just to test out their capabilities.

Don't you think that the people in Nevada should get a say?

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't think the people of Nevada should get a say. And I used to live in Nevada for almost 10 years for what its worth. Although I was in northern Nevada and this test is supposed to take place on a military base outside of Las Vegas.

I read an article about this not long ago. I looked a little, but couldn't find the link again. Mighta been from lifeaftertheoilcrash. Anyway, this thing is a B61 Nuclear Bunker Buster. Google has some stuff about it and wiki too. Apparently the uraniam enrichment facilities in Iran are burried as much as 70 feet underground and conventional bunker busers won't be efective against them.

So while I really don't like the idea of droping another nuclear bomb ever, if we do drop one and it doesn't get the job done that would be even worse. So in that sense, relatively speaking, I think it is more responsible to be sure that it will work first.

Supposedly people in Vegas have been warned, as well as other countries, because their ricter scales will be telling them what we are up to. The article also suggested that it was unlikely that anyone not on the base would be able to see the mushroom cloud.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006, Blogger Citisucks said...

That the government would do this in Nevada is just more proof that the govenrment hates poor people (aka the class formerly known as the middle class) and has no problem killing them all off.

Revolution,
Citisucks

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nuclear weapons are not tools to get jobs done, they are weapons designed to eradicate things en masse. This "bunker buster" bullshit is a crock. The Nut Job is like a little boy with a big bag of fireworks who's getting bored with his firecrackers & bottle rockets and wants to set a few of those cherry bombs off now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home