Muslim Brit admits to bomb plot - TWO YEARS later
A Briton arrested amid a massive U.S. security alert two years ago admitted in a London court on Thursday to plotting to blow up the New York Stock Exchange and carry out "dirty bomb" attacks in Britain.On can only wonder how much 'coaxing' they 'squeezed in' during those TWO years.
Dhiren Barot, a Muslim convert, admitted to plotting to blow up the stock exchange and other U.S. financial hubs including the headquarters of the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Citigroup and Prudential in Washington, New Jersey and New York.
"Explosions at these premises were clearly designed to kill as many people as possible", said prosecuting lawyer Edmund Lawson.
Amid tight security at Woolwich Crown Court, Barot pleaded guilty to conspiracy to murder and prosecutors outlined the details of his confession.
He admitted planning strikes on unspecified British targets in a conspiracy called the "Gas Limos Project", which "involved parking three limos with gas cylinders with explosives and detonating them in underground carparks," Lawson said.
Barot admitted another plan to detonate at least one "dirty bomb" contaminated with radiological material in Britain. The prosecution said Barot claimed the dirty bomb was not designed to kill but "rather to cause injury, fear terror and chaos".
Wow - three limos full of explosives, at least one dirty bomb - he even gave the whole sinister plan an ominous name - "GAS LIMOS PROJECT."
This guy's plot must have been well-funded, intricate, and advanced.
The plans did not seem to have reached an advanced stage. The prosecution said it accepted Barot's assertion that NO FUNDING, VEHICLES or BOMB MAKING EQUIPMENT had been in place.
"We are happy to confirm that because it's a true statement of fact," said Lawson.
Meanwhile, the biggest haul of explosives ever found in Britian still goes unreported.
What a joke.