Build It and They Will Come -- Israel plans another 73,000 houses in West Bank
The Ministry of Construction and Housing is planning to construct at least 73,300 housing units in the West Bank
Ministry of Housing’s Plans for the West Bank - March 2009
An examination of the data available on the Israeli government Website (http://www.govmap.gov.il/) that contains maps and information from the Ministry of Housing, reveals that in plans for the West Bank at least 15,000 housing units have already been approved, and plans for an additional 58,000 housing units are yet to be approved.
This Peace Now report is based on this data published on the official government website.
However the plans published are only a small part of the overall housing plans for the Occupied Territories, there are other thousands of housing units in plans of the local authorities, private initiators and other public authorities, all of which we are in the process of collating.
• Total number of housing units in the published plans – 73,302, out of which, 5,722 are in East Jerusalem
• Total number of housing units in approved plans – 15,156, approx. 8,950 of which have already been built.
• Total number of housing units in planning stages – 58,146.
• If all the plans are realized, the number of settlers in the Territories will be doubled (an addition of approx. 300,000 persons, based upon an average of 4 persons in each housing unit).
• In Gush Etzion (Bethlehem area) 17,000 housing units are planned in areas outside the existing settlements.
• At least six (6) outposts are included in the Ministry of Housing plans (Magen Dan, Givat Hadagan, Givat Hatamar, Bnei Adam, Bat Ayin West, Hill 26).
• There are plans for huge construction to double the size of some settlements, including: Beitar Illit, Ariel, Givat Ze’ev, Maaleh Adumim, Efrat and Geva Binyamin.
• Approx. 19,000 housing units are planned in settlements that are beyond the constructed path of the Fence (Kiryat Arba, Karnei Shomron, Ariel, Geva Binyamin, Immanuel, Revava).
• The plans in the settlements constitute 22% of the total housing units that are in planning stages in the Ministry of Housing.
More Israeli deceptions. Talk loudly about "Peace" and giving up what land they stole in the West Bank in exchange for peace at the same time, IOF armored bulldozers are demolishing West Bank Palestinian homes to make room for luxury Jewish homes, built with American tax dollars.
The Zionist owned MSM won't touch this story, until some brave Palestinian makes a stand against the Jewish land thieves and says "Stop stealing my land" and tries to stop some IOF Goon Squad from stealing that land or demolishing another olive grove.
Then and only then will BS artists like CNN's Wolf Blitzer show stories about the "poor, defenseless Jews" getting atttacked by Palestinians for no reason at all.
And with that Zionist war monger Netanyahu at the helm, West Bank Hasidic Jews must be ecstatic, since they know they can increase both the number of attacks against West Bank Palestinians and the savageness of those attacks.
Labels: West Bank Land Thieves