< HOME  Friday, December 04, 2009

Would-be robber sends 'Thank You' note

A small reminder that it doesn't take much to make the world a much better place.

Time to wipe out the demonic ethos of "mine all mine" and "slit your neighbors throat before he slits yours"

A little compassion and forgiveness goes a long way...
(Dec. 3) -- A Long Island deli owner received a thank-you letter from a would-be robber he held at gunpoint before letting him go with $40 and a loaf of bread, the New York Post reported.

The letter -- which also included $50 -- was anonymous, but Mohammad Sohail says the apology is similar to tearful comments the man made when he tried to rob the store with a baseball bat last May.

"Now I have a new child and good job make good money staying out of trouble and taking care of my family. You gave me forty dollars thank you for sparing my life Because of that you change my life," reads the letter, in part.

The letter also revealed that the would-be robber converted to Islam.

"I'm really thrilled," Sohail told the Post. "I'm very happy for that guy, because he is now doing good for the community."
because someone in the community "did good" for him.

It's all about carrying eachother.

Have you "did good" for someone today?

2 Comments:

At Friday, December 04, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice!
good that no one died for peanuts
Mohammad could just give away all the day-old food, before it goes bad

 
At Saturday, December 05, 2009, Blogger musique said...

Q,


Would you be so kind checking out my e mail that I've sent last month? I will send another copy today just in case.

My part of doing good for someone and I am sure you'll agree. :)

Happy Eid Mubarak to ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home