< HOME  Thursday, February 09, 2006

"Mind the gap"!

It occurred to me just now that the Danish cartoons brought out a larger world issue that desperately needs addressing: the lack of cultural understanding that exists in the world. People don't respect each other because they don't know or understand the basic morays and beliefs of their fellow humans. When there's a lack of understanding, I feel there's a gut instinct response to say the beliefs are "bad" or are "inferior." This plays right into the hands of the people in charge, who would love to see us tear each other apart, rather than working together to create a better world.

I feel we need more speech, not less. I feel even hate speech has its own purpose in the world. But the only way to combat hate speech is with "love speech," so to speak.

So let be begin. I will state my beliefs, and then y'all may post what you believe in the comments section.

My beliefs

I believe that mankind is fundamentally good, though a few bad apples have created mass suffering. I believe that since mankind is fundamentally good, we all deserve basic human rights. With respect to those rights, I believe in Maslow's heirarchy of needs. Basic food/clothing/shelter are at the bottom, then the need to be safe, then the need for love, freedom, and respect, and then the need for self actualization. In order to achieve those needs, we all should be given the chance to achieve in life, without the artificial shackles that are placed onto us from birth (such as interest). I believe in karma. I believe that if you are good to others, it will eventually come back to you in the end. I believe in helping out my friends and family as much as possible. I believe it is all of our duties to extend a helping arm to our fellow men, but failing those duties, the law should only punish for actively harming our fellow mankind. I believe that the natural law is less law, and more communication and cooperation of individuals. That said, I believe the government should have programs that help those less fortunate in society, as the free market does not always produced the best results. I don't believe that there's some almighty being out there who gives even half a crap whether I live or die, or that I will be rewarded in heaven, but I do believe in the saying "what goes around, comes around." I believe we all should have the freedom to do what we want, say what we want, and think what we want, as long as we don't harm our fellow man in the process.

Those are my beliefs. What are your's?

11 Comments:

At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Qrswave, I believe u are the very picture of the smug, utterly brainless, middle-class non-entity, impractical, unrealistic--the very sort of a weakling who's just a whisp of wind away fm being eliminated fm the Darwinian struggle. U're lucky u probably had competent parents who were able to bring u this far. For u are a loser, an inferior, an absolute abortion-still-walking around by the grace of God.

Losers like u are, for example, what the Jew-disease feeds upon. When such as u are gone, the parasite will be without food, and humanity will have a chance to regenerate and resurge fm present Spenglerian "Decline of the West."

Thanks for opportunity to state my real views. Apollonian

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger qrswave said...

what are you talking about Apollonian?

Good one, miss r...:)

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger Red Tulips said...

I love you Appy. You are the wind beneath my wings.

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger Red Tulips said...

Appy is a cute little hater. Those are his core beliefs. Awww...look at him go on and on. Just warms the cockles of my heart.

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right, I'm "hater"--but hey Jew, at least, unlike u, I'm honest about it, eh? And my "hatred" is emotion balanced in reason with other emotions, the hatred a natural emotional product, helping my self-expression for what I consider good and not when my conscious mind is focused elsewhere. So I try not to worry about such natural and well-founded hatred of Jews, the disease of this world. Interesting to see u can still type as u fly along on that "ecstacy" crap u Jews so much love. Apollonian

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger Red Tulips said...

Aww...you don't quit! Oh yes, it is *so reasonable* for you to have such a hatred for Jews. Completely rational. Right. You are cartoonishly amusing. Continue to amuse me, Appy. I am bored and you are making me laugh. Sit puppy! Okay, now roll over!

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Righto again Jew, but hey I'm gonna leave off here and let u go ur merry way of "ecstacy," okay? This latest is yet another facet of Jew insanity, eh? I hope u're having fun, as I'm confident bloggers out there in blogger-land take due note of the Judaic mentality in action. U have interesting "friends" qrswave. Apollonian

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger Red Tulips said...

Oh don't go!! I really will miss you when you leave!! *laughs*

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Note to fellow bloggers in blogger-land) Observe no posts for almost 4 hrs; kikes must be either OD'd or sleeping it off. Kikes just refuse to believe we gentiles hate them justifiably and righteously, a healthy hatred indeed, and they're going to be gone--as we're going to remove them. Kikes keep pretending there's nothing for them to worry about--oh ha ha ha--so they laugh to themselves, those insane "apples" of God's "eye," the chosenites.

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2006, Blogger Red Tulips said...

Oh, li'l Appy goes at it again! Cute li'l resident hate-riot. *waves to you* Hope you are having fun hating!

 
At Friday, February 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right, kike--well u know hatred is obligatory, eh? And so, given the necessity, I do try to make the best of it. What an amazing affected frustrated playwright u are, u pathetic little shit, as u pretend u're so additionally expressive with ur idiotic dramatic gestures. **wink** **wink** The psychotic chosenites in their abject hubris. But hey kike, history is cyclic, don't doubt, and we'll soon deal with u, u may be sure. Apollonian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home