< HOME  Saturday, January 14, 2006

First they came for the...

. . . Air Traffic Controllers, but since I was not one of them, it did not matter to me, and I did not defend them.

Then they came for the Meat Packers, but since I was not one of them, it did not matter to me, and I did not defend them.

Then they came for the Textile Workers, but since I was not one of them, it did not matter to me, and I did not defend them.

Then they came for the Steelworkers, but since I was not one of them, it did not matter to me, and I did not defend them.

Then they came for the workers at Bridgestone, Staley, and Caterpillar, but since I was not one of them, it did not matter to me, and I did not defend them.

They came for the airline workers, the newspaper workers, the tanners, weavers, truckers, railroad and industrial laborers of every sort, but since I was not one of them, it did not matter to me, and I did not defend them.

Then they came for me, and there was no one to defend me.
There's a UAW Rank-N-File Meeting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, this Sunday, for all working people concerned about Delphi and its impact on the working class.
All working people are invited active, retired, or unemployed. The corporate media will not be permitted to attend the meeting but we will not discourage anyone from speaking to the corporate media before or after the event. We encourage UAW officials to attend on an equal footing with rank and file members.

If you live near by and can make it, please attend.

Make no mistake. There are only two types of people in this world: those who collect more interest than they pay, and those who pay more interest than they collect.

It's doesn't take a genius to realize that, if left unchecked, the former will devour the latter.

2 Comments:

At Friday, April 07, 2006, Blogger jayzerz said...

Wow. I didn't see your version of "First they came", I'm still working my way back through your blog. Excellent piece.

 
At Friday, April 07, 2006, Blogger qrswave said...

thanks jayzerz, but I can't take credit for that. I only added the links. The words were written and published at Future of the Union.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home